[Coco] Making a new boot disk?

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Thu Mar 15 15:01:13 EDT 2007

On Thursday 15 March 2007, Jim Hickle wrote:
>Two tricks:
>1) Resist the temptation to include every device you dream of finding
> some day.  Max bootfile size is $8000.

Mm, I'd argue that point just a wee bit, I'm sure that some of the os9boot
files exceeded that by several thousand bytes back when I had mine all
setup with two monitors, a serial mouse and all the trimmings for a sc-ii
& 4n1, dual piggybacked rs232 packs and a WP-RS to drive the second
monitor, a printer on a parport and one or more of those boot files was
around 36k IIRC, and several were over 33k.

> 2) If not booting from
> distribution disk, watch your pathnames.  If you're not careful, you
> can end up with a hard drive containing more './modules/bootlists'
> directories than Windows (icks) has 'My Documents" .

Yeah, that sucks.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)