[Coco] little campaign to help CoCo3.com hosting

Manny cocolist at invigorated.org
Fri Jul 20 15:21:15 EDT 2007

Hex Star wrote:
> On 7/20/07, Manny <cocolist at invigorated.org> wrote:
>>
>> WHY are you posting this publicly instead of via personal email?!!?
>>
> Because I feel letting everyone know of the failure of the seller to go
> through selling the CD's will hopefully allow more information to come
> forth
> then if it was discussed offlist...

Listen. If you want something to be known, _don't_ forward your Paypal
(or other vendor / payment) receipt to a public forum or list. If I
wanted the group to know about something that I think is wrong, I'd
write a new posting / email about it. But there was nothing wrong about
it. It's his choice if he wants to sell something to someone, for one
thing. Another thing is that he actually refunded the money. If he was a
little less honest, he could have just kept it and sent you nothing.

Besides all of this, I do believe that Roger has a hell of a lot more
clout than you do around here. So posting that Roger refunded your
money, isn't exactly going to kill his reputation. In fact, it may just
move it to a better standing.

One other little tidbit that you forget in all of this is that he posted
a reason to the group as a whole not too long after refunding your money.

-M.