[Coco] OT: Which Linux Distro?

Bob Devries devries.bob at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 18:28:40 EDT 2007

Gentlemen,
I have a Compaq Armada 1500c Laptop
.
It has 64MB RAM, and a ~366MHz Celeron processor and 12GB hard disk and a
CDROM drive. I also use a Belkin Wireless Network (802.11g) card in it. It
is model #FSD7010.

Which Linux Distro would be best to use? I know about DSL (Damn Small
Linux), but are there others which will install and run in such a small
footprint?

I consulted miss Google, and she showed me a page where someone installed
Debian, but the doc was dated 1999, and Debian was at kernel 2.3.

Tips, suggestions?
No, No, not the "Toss it in the bin" suggestion....

the capacity to be his spokesman,
so that I know how to help the weary.