[Coco] [Color Computer] Older site.

Richard E. Crislip rcrislip at neo.rr.com
Fri Jan 26 00:44:29 EST 2007

On Thursday 25 January 2007 02:53, Willard Goosey wrote:
> >From: "Richard E. Crislip" <rcrislip at neo.rr.com>
> >Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 15:17:49 -0500
> >
> >Actually, Workbench 1.3 did allow bootong directly from the harddrive, but
> >there was some kind of tweak needed.... alas it has been so long ago.....
>
> On my Amiga 2000 Workbench 1.3 booted off the hard drive just fine.
> The only tweak it needed because I'm using an old slow Seagate and
> it's not done spinning up when the Amiga tries to boot off it. :-/
>
> Of course that's with the Commodore SCSI card, which has a ROM on it.

I remember a little more now 8-), I was using a Supra 20mg HD. The controller
for it had a special chip that caused the OS to look to the HD for booting
rather than the floppy. That sucker cost $500 and was a bargin at the time,
and I HAD to park the head before I turned it off. Ahhh the good ole days.