[Coco] Ideas for Sock's HiColor Code

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Thu Jan 25 20:01:48 EST 2007

Joel Ewy wrote:

> Thanks go to John K. again for releasing the source for HiColor.
>
> Here are some of the ideas I have in relation to it:
>
> 1.  Re-comment the code and make it assemble on Mamou assembler, where
> source code size shouldn't be such an issue.
><snip>
> Just some thoughts.
>
> JCE

All your ideas are good ones and I'd really like a to see a block
diagram of the "image processing / dithering routines". However, even
the most common editor/assembler for the Coco EDTASM has no problems
with source code for files 8K and larger. You just need to break up the
code into small chunks and use a main file which is just a list of includes.

	ORG $A000
	INCLUDE PART1.ASM
	INCLUDE PART2.ASM
	.
	.
	.
	INCLUDE PART11.ASM
	END	$A000

The above will easily assemble Color Basic 1.0 on a real Coco with Disk
EDTASM without any buffer overflows.