[Coco] CoCo Trackball

Torsten Dittel Torsten at Dittel.info
Wed Jan 24 02:24:09 EST 2007

I guess the CoCo version has a µController whiSch is interpreting the
optical (digital) signals e.g. like the 6803 implemented in the ATARI ST
did (at least it seems to have a power supply). It might then output a
corresponding voltage between 0 and 5V using a DAC. This voltage goes
directly to the CoCo's joystick port where it's AD-converted like the
normal analog joystick. I'll tell you as soon as the unit is here. Will
be interesting to know how many bits this DAC has: I guess the trackball
won't work well with the CoCoMax Pak. Should be even less suitable for
the HiRes joystick interface.

Torsten