[Coco] [Color Computer] 128 or 512?

Richard E. Crislip rcrislip at neo.rr.com
Wed Jan 3 17:23:08 EST 2007

<snip>
> The last two items are basically equivalent to using a ramdisk. The third
> one is my favorite because it's easy to swap pages on the fly. You could
> have a multi-level game with different graphics for every level. A 128K
> CoCo3 has one spare 8k page that can be used for one spare set of HBUFFer
> graphics (which can be saved to disk). With 512K you could obviously use a
> lot more pages, That and a little ML help can make Basic sing.

HI, You just got me thinking, why not store the extra scenes on disk and call
them up when needed? I did that when I converted a geography/quiz program I
copied from The Rainbow. I changed it from drawing the country outlines on
the fly to saving the finished drawings to disk, and then calling them by
file name. It made a tremendous improvement in speed.

Richard