[Coco] CoCo TV DVD 1

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Wed Feb 28 15:52:33 EST 2007

At 01:46 AM 2/28/2007, you wrote:
>Roger Taylor schrieb:
>
> > Hello Torsten, as far as I know the DVD is burned as region-free so I
> > was hoping it would play on Germany-standard players.  Let me know of
> > your findings.
>
>That's not the problem, it starts fine (however, my player doesn't have
>any region restrictions anyway :-)) but after showing the title screen I
>have problems to navigate in the title menu. It looks like there's only
>a certain point (might be when the audio loop restarts) where the player
>accepts input (like OK, Play or cursor keys) for fractions of a second.
>I'll first try to update my player's firmware and will then have a
>closer look again.

Hmm.  I use several players for testing: a PlayStation 2 box,
portable DVD player, Ultra DivX DVD player, laptop using PowerDVD and
Windows Media Center, and my multimedia PC with PowerDVD.

I used a recent version of Nero to create the DVD content and also
for burning, and some recent burns were done using Power2Go by
Cyberlink of the same content.  All DVDs mailed were tested up to the
minute before placing them in their mailer.  This sounds like a
compatibility issue with your player, but I'm sure we can figure it out soon.

Thanks for the heads up.

--
Roger Taylor