[Coco] Cubix on Coco3 , did it work?

Roger Merchberger zmerch-coco at 30below.com
Tue Feb 6 01:26:21 EST 2007

Rumor has it that Gary Zwan may have mentioned these words:
>About a year ago "Merch" was going to do Cubix on the Coco3.
>Was   that successful?  Did/has anybody else done it?

Not successful yet - hit a snag WRT the source code for Cubix--- it was
written in a totally non-standard assembler (read: the guy that wrote Cubix
wrote the assembler as well) and trying to convert the source code to
something "standard" (read: CCASM) would've been an exercise in pain.

However, I believe that he had an x86 cross-assembler available to compile
Cubix on, and now that the Rainbow IDE is available, I'm looking at trying
to work on getting the ball rolling again; if I can get Dave's assembler
grafted into Rainbow.

Right now, I have 2 jobs, 2 side businesses[1], wifey & 3 kiddies - me
plate's been a touch full lately... ;-)

Laterz,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger

[1] one of which I should've worked on tonite, but I played hookey and
tinkered a bit with the Rainbow IDE... ;^>

--
Roger "Merch" Merchberger   | "Profile, don't speculate."
SysAdmin, Iceberg Computers |     Daniel J. Bernstein