[Coco] CoCo2 w/composite output

farna at att.net farna at att.net
Sat Feb 10 11:06:51 EST 2007

Brian, if it doesn't have the RF output at all it sounds like one of the CoCos made for the education market. I had 2-3 of them and an old "network" controller to go with them. The network controller used the cassette port to connect something like a dozen CoCos to a master CoCo. One program could be sent from the master to all "networked" computers at once, I think using DSAVE on the master and DLOAD on the others, but may have been the standard cassette commands. This took some coordination -- the slave computers had to type "DLOAD -<ENTER>" all at once (not precisely, just all had to have the command typed and be waiting), then the master would type "DSAVE xxxx <ENTER>". There was a switch on the controller so the master could load from any individual computer, so student having problems could send their code to the teacher -- after verbal coordination.