[Coco] glork!!!

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Tue Dec 18 06:15:40 EST 2007

>Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 18:28:29 -0500
>From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett at verizon.net>

>Which, using the above syntax, would appear to be correct.  And I think you
>would get the same result if a puts("foo bar\n"); was done but its been so
>long I won't go anywhere near a bible and say that. :)

Goodness, I didn't even think of puts!  Let's see... AT&T man page
says puts returns EOF on error, doesn't say what it returns on
success.  Linux man page says non-negative number on sucess, EOF on
error.  Microware C manual doesn't say anything about puts()'s return
values.  I'm too sleepy to fire up OS-9 right now, I'd probably fry
something (damn touchy MPI!), so I can't actually try it.

>I don't think it was the return values, but what it was actually
>printing, so his strings were being interpreted as numbers somehow,
>or at least that is how I read it.

Sorry to confuse you?  I was annoyed and sleepy when I posted last
night.

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA