[Coco] Speed question

Becker, Gary Gary.Becker at amd.com
Fri Aug 24 17:43:53 EDT 2007

Bob Devries

Originally, I had a problem with the internal clock hardware that made
the time run two times faster than it should. When I ran the tests in
Disk Extended BASIC, I used my Windows based machines clock to give me
the times. When I ran the test with Basic09, I used the time that it
printed. When the time was just about double the time you mentioned, I
assumed I still had a double speed clock and cut the times in half. I
now have looked and the clock is correct. So the times should be
doubled. This brings up the question, why is my Basic09 programming run
half the speed as yours? What video mode were you using? I was running
the 80 character mode that was the default with the NitrOS-9 version I
downloaded.

I have fixed the numbers below.

Gary