[Coco] Mess Question

Manny cocolist at invigorated.org
Sat Aug 4 17:26:21 EDT 2007

tim lindner wrote:

>>> xmess stopped being updated about a year ago.
>>>
>>> SDLMESS is currently the most popular Unix MESS project still being
>>> updated.
>> I know, but if I do an 'apt-cache search sdlmess', I get nothin'. What's
>> the latest *nix version? I think I'm running .106, which I believe is
>> the latest in the Ubuntu repositories.
>
> The current version is 0.117.

Sucks that Ubuntu / Debian isn't keeping up with that...

>> There is a binary named 'xmess.SDL', but I don't know if that's the same
>> thing or not.
>
> It's not. That's xmess ported to the SDL platform.

Thought it would be something like that.

> SDLMESS is the command line Windows version of MESS ported to the SDL
> platform.
>
> The zipball can always be found here:
>
> http://rbelmont.mameworld.info/?page_id=163

Know of a .deb for it for easy installation? I was basically directing
Richard towards the easiest possible installation via Ubuntu. If you
know of a .deb out there, as I haven't looked, I think we would both be
happy to see it. ;)

-M.