[Coco] VCC Emu problems

Phill Harvey-Smith afra at aurigae.demon.co.uk
Sat Aug 4 16:57:47 EDT 2007

Gene Heskett wrote:

> And don't forget that the 1.2 meg drive spins at 360 rpm, not 300, and that it
> expects its data to 500 kilobaud, not 250 kilobaud.

Though if the floppy driver is correctly written when you try and write
in a standard double density format it should be able to tell the drive
to use 250K, which is IIRC why my 1.2 sounds different when reading a
360K floppy to when it's reading a 1.2M. Cirtainly it sounds to me like
the speed is changing.

>							If you can find the
> jumper that slow it down to 300 rpm, then its a 100% functional replacement
> for a 720k drive.  The comments re the track width are spot on though.

Yeah that would be the sure fire way, I have a couple of one perticular
drive type, where one was supplied as a 1.2M drive and the other was
supplied as a 720K, so that sounds like it would work.

Cheers.

Phill.