[Coco] Fedora 6 DVD ISO

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Sun Apr 29 22:52:55 EDT 2007

At 03:39 PM 4/29/2007, you wrote:

>Roger,
>
>There's no difference between the CD and DVD distributions of FC6-
>if you aren't used to downloading these 3+GB DVD ISOs, just grab the
>CDs. The only advantage of the DVD is no disc swapping involved, but
>you may be downloading tons of stuff you don't need (extra docs, srpms,etc)
>
>Also be aware that at this point, so late in the FC6 life cycle (FC7
>is due out relatively soon) that you're going to end up downloading
>500MB or so of updates anyway if you installed everything off the cd/dvd.
>
>May as well just grab the CDs, do a relatively minimal (default)
>install, and use yum to install what you want later.
>
>-Mike

Actually, I was going to go for the whole works that they distribute
so I wouldn't have to hunt most of it down later unless I need to
update something.  I will settle for what's there already since I'm
not a picky Linux user for the little bit of work that I use it for.

However, under RH 9 I do play around sometimes and explore since I
have a pretty full install, thanks to Carl Boll sending me a 9 or 10
CD set.  Now I've actually got my Linux box running 24/7 next to my
Windows PC's in hopes that I can get Samba working (it stopped for
some reason) so I can transfer some CoCo stuff back and forth an
easier.  When I get Fedora or another modern build installed, I'll
keep it running as well and consider it part of my development system.

--
Roger Taylor