[Coco] Color Computer Flex

farna at att.net farna at att.net
Sun Apr 29 09:41:08 EDT 2007

> Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 12:28:23 -0700
> From: coco at yourdvd.net
> Subject: Re: [Coco] Color Computer Flex
>
> I've read your book :-) It was excellent -r
---------------

Thanks! Glad someone still appreciates all the work -- I'm sure others have as well, of course!

     I remember those articles (weren't they in his 64K Corner or whatever
editorial it was he did for CCN (Color Computer News)?
We discussed it as well, once we joined the TC-9 development team. Hard to
believe he started (and I believe has returned to?) being a dentists
office. On a side note, Bill Sias (editor/publisher of CCN) has given
permission for scans of his magazines (inluding Forum 68, I think was his
other one) to be put on the web, no restrictions.

Frank Hogg printed articles on Flex vs. OS-9 in Rainbow also -- I remember reading them there. He's ALWAYS been in the dental lab business -- making dentures, crowns, and partial plates. The computer venture was a side business made possible because the dental lab was sucessful. It was sort of like my hobby magazine ventures ("the world of 68' micros" and "American Independent Magazine", no retitled "American Motors Cars") -- as long as it didn't cost money it was fine. He did make a bit at first, but as he got more heavily into development and the PC started becoming way to cheap to compete with, the hobby side busines started costing to much money and time.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"