[Coco] Rogue

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Fri Apr 27 04:24:59 EDT 2007

>Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 00:21:26 -0400
>From: Diego Barizo <diegoba at adinet.com.uy>
>
>I've been playing Rogue for the last few days, and today I noticed that
>the saved games seem to be deleted as soon as they are loaded.
>Can anyone confirm this, or it's my copy misbehaving?

Yep, that's what it does.  So make a backup before you start the
game. ;-)

The whole rogue-like genre of games is like that, horribly afraid
you'll get killed on level 20 but have a save game to try again from.
You should see the hoops Angband (in particular) goes through to try
to keep you from "cheating" like that.

I vastly prefer the console RPG game approach:  If you get killed,
most will automatically revert to your last save.

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA
   --- Yacko