[Coco] Color Computer Flex

Phill Harvey-Smith afra at aurigae.demon.co.uk
Thu Apr 26 15:04:18 EDT 2007

Michael R. Furman wrote:
> I have some Flex disks that still seem to work.  I haven't been able to make
> images of them however.  I think that the first track is written at single
> density, and the rest at double density for some sort of compatibility
> reasons.  I haven't been able  find detailed enough information to confirm
> this.

If you have a PC that can boot into plain old DOS mode, or can make a
boot floppy from 2k/XP, and can get hold of an old DOS copy of anadisk
by sydex, that can be used to analize the disk and will tell you if the
first track is single density. Had to use this to work out the format of
the Dragon Beta OS9 L2 boot floppys as they had a single density track 0
and all the rest DD. Anadisk, can even make a raw dump of the disk, but
cannot unfortunatly restore to another, you could however process that
raw image into an propper image formt tho.

Cheers.

Phill.