[Coco] Bug? in Portal-9 or I'm doing something wrong?

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Thu Apr 26 08:17:09 EDT 2007

Mark McDougall wrote:
> Roger,
>
> I'm building a disk image with a copy of 2 binary files and one output
> file from CCASM.
>
> The project gets itself into a state where it attempts to copy both
> 'myfile.bin' and 'Files/myfile.bin' to the disk image (where myfile is
> my CCASM source output).
>
> When this fails, the project build is aborted.
>
> Subsequently, when I had my myfile.asm file as the _first_ file in the
> project, it wouldn't add my 2 binary files to the disk.
>
> My work-around was to remove myfile.asm from the project, then re-add it
> after the 2 binary files. Now the project aborts only at the end of the
> build process, after everything has been added to the disk.
>
> However, this isn't going to work if I add a 2nd .asm file to the project.
>
> Is this a known bug, or am I doing something wrong?
>
> I've tried using 'same' and 'myfile.bin' as the output filenames but
> neither solution fixes the problem.
>
> Regards,
> Mark

Mark,
You need to provide more details on what you actually are doing rather
than giving a summary.

How many tabs do you have in the project? There should be three, two for
the binaries, and one for the source file.

Do you have a name conflict and if so why? You can't use a binary and a
CCASM output file having the same names.

You will need to post the entries under Assembly Options and Build To
Floppy for each project entry for anyone to tell just what is going
wrong for you.