[Coco] Linux box needs ethernet connection to router/web/LAN

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Tue Apr 24 23:37:45 EDT 2007

Roger Taylor wrote:

> Thunderbird is now fried chicken at my house.  I gave it a chance for 2
> whole weeks, and it failed.  Sorry guys.  I don't need the continuous
> pop up windows warning me about e-mail certificates, when I've never
> seen this using Eudora, Windows Mail (Vista), Outlook, or Outlook
> Express.  I couldn't get it to quit.  Another pop up that refused to
> quit is the one that asks if I want the bird to be my default e-mail
> client.  I told it yes about 20 times a day for 2 weeks and told it not
> to ask me again, but guess what? :)  And no, I didn't run another client
> during this time, and yes, I told it not to ask me again.  :)

Sounds like the only problem you had with your installation is that
Thunderbird wasn't saving any of your configuration...

> It also takes longer to send an e-mail from Thunderbird than any other
> e-mailer I've got,

Actually, I'd have to agree with you there. That's one of the few criticisms
I have with TB. That and the occasional threading mix-ups are the most
obvious problems.

For the record, I hate Outlook etc with a _passion_, and flatly refuse to
use it - period.

Regards,