[Coco] Linux box needs ethernet connection to router/web/LAN

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Tue Apr 24 15:23:03 EDT 2007

At 09:27 PM 4/23/2007, you wrote:
>As some of you might know, I have never gotten any Red Hat Linux
>version I've owned connected to the web or to another computer.  In
>other words, the main feature of Linux (networking) has yet to work for me.
>
>What I want to do now is connect the dern thing to my Windows LAN
>and give it access to the web and possibly the other PCs shared
>folders, if anything.
>
>I use a LinkSys WRT54G 802.11 wireless router with 4 ethernet ports
>on the back.  This works great from Windows, and it's a broadband
>router as well so every PC has access to the web automatically.

Ok, it looks like I may have found just the article I need.

http://jeays.net/files/rh9-linksys.htm

I'm also on my laptop and in the CoCo Cafe at www.coco3.com if
someone wants to see me get excited if this works, or wants to help
if it doesn't?

I've set up my network to use the tulip driver and IRQ 10 and am now
rebooting Linux.  I'm connected to my router which is on the web or I
wouldn't be sending this e-mail. :)  .... so Cross yer fingers!

--
Roger Taylor