[Coco] [OT] Z80 still being used in modern electronics

coco at yourdvd.net coco at yourdvd.net
Thu Apr 19 02:29:32 EDT 2007

Cycle Improved is definately good, but I would just like to have a cycle
accurate 6809 core to play around with because a lot of the software I
wrote for the CoCo back in the day depended on loops executing within a
set number of cycles (the music players I wrote for one), and the Disk
BASIC delays that exist to allow settle times for the 1793/1773 execute
for a set number of cycles, otherwise the diskette can get trashed. That
sort of wash. But still, a 6309 core would be great to have. I once
contacted a supplier of a 6809 IP core, told them that I only needed to
use it personally - no one else would get it - it would remain within my
organisation (which was just me and a few friends) and they said sure,
but it's still going to cost you $10,000 for rights to use it and I was
like ouch - that's half my yearly salary (at that time) - I'm just a
hobbyist... sigh... r