[Coco] Appliance and Light Controller

George's Coco Address yahoo at dvdplayersonly.com
Wed Apr 18 23:50:04 EDT 2007

Diego,

 You probably have an "Appliance Controller". It has a relay in it that does
make a noise when it is opened or closed.
 A lamp controller uses an SCR to do the task but, with the option of
controlling the power to that lamp( you can make it brighter or dimmmer).
 It is silent and effective.

 I use the "Appliance Controller" to turn my water heater on and off...

 The Appliance Controller is not capable of handling the current(amps) of a
water heater. So I use the "Appliance Controller" to activate a more
powerful relay to apply power to the water heater.  A "Lamp Controller" will
not work for this application because of reasons that are quite detailed and
confusing.

 Motors and relays will not work properly on a lamp controller. For  motor
and relays, use the NOISEY module.

George