[Coco] Appliance and Light Controller

Roger Merchberger zmerch-coco at 30below.com
Tue Apr 17 14:11:50 EDT 2007

Rumor has it that Chester A Patterson may have mentioned these words:
>Hi. I today received one TRS-80 Color Computer Appliance and Light
>Controller 26-3142
>It comes with a ROMPAK. The instructions say it requires a 16k Coco. No
>disk I/O whatsoever.

Did you get the 5-pin DIN to 5-pin DIN cassette cable with it also? If not,
you'll need to get/find/make one.

>Questions:
>Has anyone developed OS9/NOS9 software for this thing?

I think so, but I've never used it, so I couldn't say for sure.

>Transferring the ROMPAK to disk should be no problem. But can the ROMPAK
>software be run under ADOS (from disk) or HDB-DOS (eg. Loaded from one
>of the 4 "ROM" banks in a Cloud9 IDE controller)? I would imagine not
>due to the loading/exec address', I/O, etc.

I can't say on that either, I've only ever used mine with the ROMPAK - what
I *can* tell you is that the ROMPAK will _not_ work on the CoCo3 - the GIME
doesn't emulate the SemiGraphics SG24 mode of the ol' 6847 VDG used in the
CoCo1/2, and so the cart just plain won't work on a CoCo3 at all. I believe
there were other packages written for RSDOS and maybe OS-9 for the CoCo3,
but I've never tinkered with 'em.

Sorry this isn't more help,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger

--
Roger "Merch" Merchberger  --  SysAdmin, Iceberg Computers
  _±±_                          zmerch at 30below.com
(©||®)  If at first you don't succeed, nuclear warhead
  _)(_   disarmament should *not* be your first career choice.