[Coco] Fw: Help floppy drive

PaulH96636 at aol.com PaulH96636 at aol.com
Sat Apr 14 11:54:18 EDT 2007

In a message dated 4/14/2007 11:18:08 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jcewy at swbell.net writes:

I remember the Amdek 3" drives were being advertised for the  CoCo for a
while.  I took a quick look in the July '84 Rainbow (which  is the first
issue I have) but didn't see Amdek in the advertiser  list.  It was
probably a different vendor supplying the drives to the  CoCo market.

I purchased both my dual drive boxes from Digi-Key back in the day.
The first, with dual drives, went for less than a single 5-1/4"  drive.
A year or more later, the second dual drive box was selling for $75.
Seemed like quite a bargain at the time.  The 3-1/2" drive was  then
becoming the industry standard.     -ph