[Coco] A Humble Proposal Re: M/L Disk I/O and CoCo Game "Construction Sets"

wdg3rd at comcast.net wdg3rd at comcast.net
Sat Apr 14 01:24:47 EDT 2007

From: Joel Ewy <jcewy at swbell.net>

> Actually, it sounds to me like what you have started and what I'm
> proposing could be largely complementary.  You are talking about
> back-end stuff (which will obviously need some kind of programming
> interface) and I'm talking about a programming interface (which will
> obviously need some kind of back-end, whether that be calls to the
> CoCo's ROM routines, entirely new code, or some combination of the two.)

Joel, I congratulate you.  You are one of the extremely few posters I have seen in a quarter of a century on Usenet and in email lists to properly use the word "complementary".  The print media usually screws it up as well.

Sorry.  I've had a couple of beers and obviously am easily amused.  The comment is off-topic.  But it is none the less true.  I spend literally years gritting my teeth at crappy word usage and I have to compliment somebody when he uses complement correctly.  I'll go back downstairs and watch the Comedy Central roast of Pamela Anderson now.  Yeah, I really have to get my Color Computers back in action.
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd at comcast.net

The reason folks don't think of installing Windows as a painful experience is roughly the same reason men don't think of childbirth as a painful experience.      Mike, http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/03/30/letters_3003/