[Coco] Unpacked my CoCo Stuff

Andrew keeper63 at cox.net
Thu Apr 12 21:42:22 EDT 2007

Re: CGP-220 yellowing

I have the same printer, with the same look - I tend to wonder if it
isn't something else (instead of UV), as this printer was "stored" at my
parents house for about 10-15 years before I got it, and it never saw
the sun or much of anything else, even when I was using it. Maybe a desk
lamp (at least, just the light), with a regular bulb (non-flourescent) -
but when I left Cali to come here to school in Phoenix, I packed it
away, and placed it under a bed. When I picked it up many years later
(along with the rest of my CoCo stuff, which all held up fine - 'cept
the floppy drive, which I replaced) - it was yellowed.

Not that I really care - it isn't like I can get new cartridges for it
(not too mention that it probably needs a complete mechanical
teardown/cleaning/rebuild before it would even have a chance at working)...

-- Andrew L. Ayers
    Glendale, Arizona

---