[Coco] Donkey Kong emulator

John Kowalski sock at axess.com
Wed Apr 4 22:25:02 EDT 2007

Art,

That flash version, other than looking like Donkey Kong, is unrelated to the
CoCo conversion.  There isn't more to that flash version than the one stage
you played.

The CoCo conversion has all 4 levels and looks and plays just like the
original arcade game.

I've posted up a video clip of DK running on my CoCo 3 on YouTube.  You can
have a look at it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQgd5p-Z5DY

At 08:21 PM 04/04/2007 -0400, CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts wrote:
>Not having a CoCo anymore, I did check out the Flash player version at
>http://www.80smusiclyrics.com/games/new4/donkeykong.swf, as someone here
>suggested.  Very nice, but... how do I get the game to not reset back to the
>beginning every time I either lose a man or make it to the top?  What am I
doing
>wrong?  I've tried it both under Opera and IE and the same thing happens
either
>way.  How do you get to see the higher levels of the game?
>
>I'm not familiar with the arcade version, but this one seems to play VERY much
>like Donkey King for the CoCo (or was it called The King?) from (I think) Tom
>Mix Software, which I remember playing quite a bit on the CoCo back when.
>
>Art

                                         John Kowalski (Sock Master)
                                         http://www.axess.com/twilight/sock/