[Coco] (very very slightly OT) 6800 emulator

wdg3rd at comcast.net wdg3rd at comcast.net
Mon Apr 30 23:28:15 EDT 2007

If you have the "more powerful" processor, that's the one you make and sell.  You develop the next generation with the tools you have.  That means running a semblance of the next processor at 10% of its eventual speed.  Or did you think the 8008 was built with 80386 CAD systems that wouldn't exist for a decade and some later?

The 6800 was designed mostly by _hand_ (and mind and HP calculator and drafting pencil).  It was used to build the 6809 and the 68000, which would have been real tricky without appropriate tool evolution.
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd at comcast.net

The reason folks don't think of installing Windows as a painful experience is roughly the same reason men don't think of childbirth as a painful experience.      Mike, http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/03/30/letters_3003/

From: Manney <mannslists at invigorated.org>