[Coco] New floppy disk tool for Windows users

Darren A. darccml at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 30 21:09:42 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I finally put together my GUI program for reading/writing/formatting CoCo
floppies under WinXP. It actually relies on the fdrawcmd.sys driver
<http://simonowen.com> to do the low-level work. You will need to install
that driver in order for my program to operate.

If anyone wants to try it, you can get it here:

It's pretty basic, but it gets the job done. It's also faster than OmniFlop
since it can detect the sector interleave on the disk and read/write all
sectors on a track in one revolution.

I've only tested it on WinXP, but it will *probably* work on 2000 and Vista
as well.  If anyone can verify this I would appreciate it.