[Coco] Linux box needs ethernet connection to router/web/LAN

wdg3rd at comcast.net wdg3rd at comcast.net
Tue Apr 24 13:29:58 EDT 2007

From: Roger Taylor <operator at coco3.com>

> Can someone walk me through the steps they would take from scratch
> for making Red Had 9 ready to connect to a router and on the web?

While it's been a couple of years since I've installed Red Hat (which I had used since the first Halloween pre-release CD that Mark Ewing sold from his apartment) using instead Mandriva, Xandros and Ubuntu, I always since the days of the 486sx/33 just booted the CD and installed.  Unless your network interface is some kind of real strange (last time I had a problem was on a corporate token ring network that I wasn't supposed to connect unapproved stuff to anyway, but I managed on the second try).
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd at comcast.net

The reason folks don't think of installing Windows as a painful experience is roughly the same reason men don't think of childbirth as a painful experience.      Mike, http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/03/30/letters_3003/