[Coco] Telewriter

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Thu Apr 19 23:26:55 EDT 2007

Telewriter-80 (I think it was officially called TW-80, since it was not a
sanctioned Telewriter version) was a separate product for the CoCo 3, written by
Doug Masten.  Sold by Gimmesoft, maybe??  It was quite similar to
Telewriter-128, but used its own 80-column software screen instead of the
built-in GIME one.  I preferred the legibility of its screen to TW-128, but
after using TW-80 for a while, switched back to TW-128 for reasons that I can no
longer remember.  TW-80 was a nice product, though.  I don't think it was on the
market for long--probably overwhelmed when Telewriter-128 appeared.

There was also a product called Telepatch, written by Bob van der Poel (who
later wrote TW-128), that was for the CoCo 1/2 and patched into TW-64, if I
remember correctly.  Ultra Patch was an enhanced version of that, I think.

The original Telewriter (for cassette only?) and Telewriter-64 were written by
Howard Cohen and sold by his company, Cognitec.

Art