[Coco] NitrOS-9 Document Update

coco at yourdvd.net coco at yourdvd.net
Thu Apr 19 00:58:55 EDT 2007

The address given: www.roug.org/soren/6809/basic09refguide/basic09.pdf
is part of a larger site:
http://www.roug.org/soren/6809
which has a lot of awesome information such as :

6809 Emulation

The OS9L1 is an OS9 level One emulator (for Motorola 6809) that runs
under UNIX/Linux. It is almost full-featured, and can emulate fork,
signals, pipes etc. All without needing the OS9 kernel from Microware.

The emulator is built on Ray Bellis' Usim emulator, and also fixes some
bugs in same.

    * version 1.0 source (~142K). Released 23/9-2001
    * version 1.1 source (~90K). Released 19/6-2002
    * Visit the project on SourceForge and get CVS access.

How far have I come?

Most "simple" applications work - including shell, asm and basic09.
Pascal-compilation to P-code works. But the P-code interpreter loads an
extra module and os9l1 doesn't handle that, so execution of your P-code
is not available. Then you could compile to native code, but the native
code compiler is in P-code itself, so ... In addition, the C.PREP
complains about "grab overlap" when it sees the statement #include
<stdio.h>. I have not found the cause of that.

OS-9 manuals

OS-9 Operating System Guide/Manual
    This 1983 guide for Dragon-64 is available in PDF, HTML and the
source is in DocBook format.
Dynacalc manual
    This 1983 manual is available in OpenDocument (53 KB), HTML (141 KB)
and PDF (1.11 MB) formats. If anyone can provide me with the missing
half page, let me know.
Basic09 Reference Guide revision F
    I have backported a PDF copy of Basic09 Reference revision G to
Revision F (1983) in HTML and PDF so it matches the distribution of
Basic09 I have for OS9 level 1.
OS-9 System Programmer's Manual
    Revision F-1 (1982) is available as HTML and PDF.
C Compiler User's Guide for OS-9
    Revision C (1983) is available as HTML and PDF.
Stylograph for the OS-9 operating system
    Available as HTML and PDF.