[Coco] FREE Services For Members Of The CoCoList at Malted Media

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Tue Apr 17 23:43:09 EDT 2007

On Tuesday 17 April 2007, Jim Hickle wrote:
>I have a Performance Peripheral RAM board but I'm not sure if there
>is something wrong with it or the coco3.  The screen is filled with random
> characters. I pulled the 512k board and plugged in two 64k chips and the
> computer works, but there is a dark horizontal line that rolls vertically.
> But I don't know if it would need the capacitors that were clipped for the
> memory upgrade would need replaced or maybe the power supply is bad.  If
> nobody offers a good 512k board, I can try testing this one in my working
> Coco3.  I' ve not put much effort into reviving it since I have a working
> 512k machine and it would be easier to buy a new board from Cloud-9.
That description would seem to match a bad power supply filter, probably that
really big electrolytic not too far from the power transistor and heat sink
off the left edge of the board.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
When the ax entered the forest, the trees said, "The handle is one of us!"
		-- Turkish proverb