[Coco] question number 2

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Sat Apr 14 16:46:49 EDT 2007

mike delyea wrote:

> I remember one of the coco mags had a program to install the IBM character
> set (specifically the line drawing set) into the coco.  Does anyone know
> (a)
> how to do this and (b) does it work with the 40/80 text as well as the
> graphics screen?

The HPRINT character set is stored from $F09D-F39C. There are 8 bytes
per character. The characters are arraigned per the ascii set starting
with SPACE.

Far as I can tell, there is no way to change the text screen characters.
You can change the graphic characters by loading a new character set
into the indicated space.