[Coco] ML Disk I/O examples?

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Fri Apr 13 12:20:38 EDT 2007

On Friday 13 April 2007, David Roper wrote:
>Studying such a technical and unweildly "fundamental" as the Unravelled
>series can make the learning very difficult
>Perhaps someone with a decent knowledge of the subject could write a
>better introduction?
>Re-inventing the wheel may be the best way to learn how it works from
>the ground-up, but it certainly wastes alot of productivity that could
>be better spent by learning the fundamentals from someone who has
>already obtained the knowledge the hard way, and can distill it and
>teach it in an easier-to-digest manner.
>Consider - apart from Sock, who here learned 6809 from the chip's
>technical documentation, as opposed from those who learned from Barden,
>Tepolt et. al?
Student in back of room, waving hand, yelling me, me!  And I didn't find
Barden all that much help because I was already into os9 by then.  The silver
6809 programmers guide published by moto was my genesis chapter.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
Much of the excitement we get out of our work is that we don't really
know what we are doing.
		-- E. Dijkstra