[Coco] Unpacked my CoCo Stuff

coco at yourdvd.net coco at yourdvd.net
Thu Apr 12 09:25:01 EDT 2007

If you think a cat has urinated on the equipment - don't plug it in -
the saline in the urine is highly conductive - think short-circuit.
Someone once mentioned that a circuit board could be cleaned with water
and dried with a blow dryer - i've used alcohol and a blow dryer to
clean boards that people brought me where they had spilled soda and
such on them, but alcohol sometimes leaves a residue...
As for the yellowing of the plastic, I think it is caused by uv and is
not reversible (i could be wrong) - i just used white spray paint,
masking tape over the labels and such and sprayed away (of course it
was disassembled so i only sprayed the case - didn't want paint getting
near the keyboard or anything else...)

I saw on a website, don't remember where, that someone used oxyclean on
keycaps after removing them...

-r