[Coco] Coco Digest, Vol 45, Issue 32

Rogelio Perea os9dude at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 07:38:11 EDT 2007

On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 16:39:48 -0600, "L. Curtis Boyle" wrote:

>> The "Game Writer" package was issued as part of the Education
>> Management Systems offerings from Radio Shack. Technically it was a
>> spinoff of Color Logo... you knew your way around Logo, you already
>> were almost done with Game Writer.
>
> Are we talking about the same package? This wasn't sold by Radio Shack,
> and was quite expensive (I will give details when I get home and can find
> my Rainbow magazines)... I think $125 US or something like that.

Interesting. I had un-dug my Game Writer documentation yesterday to
check it out before posting my 'findings'. I do have the floppy disk
and have been able to run it in the CoCo 3 but being a CoCo 1/2
application, as expected no CoCo 3 features are used.

Definitively the "Education Management Systems" label is found in the
software manual. Seem to recall that Tandy/Radio Shack released some
interesting software under that umbrella, for example "The Factory";
unknown to me if there was other packaging available, The Factory copy
I have came in a light almost beige hard box, with the 'Education'
label somewhere... never saw that one on the local RS store back in
the day though.

-=[ Rogelio ]=-