[Coco] CoCo Cafe public chatrooms

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Fri Apr 6 22:30:34 EDT 2007

To everyone who's been hanging out this past week in the CoCo Cafe
chat rooms...  I have a special message.

I want you to feel welcome that you can come back in and talk freely
like you always have, without worrying about your messages being
publicized by other visitors.  CoCo3.com does not record or save live
chat sessions.  Your entire session scrolls off the screen with each
new message.  The only log file in existence is the session file, a
simple .txt file that holds your nickname, a temporary session ID,
and the room you're in.  THAT'S IT!  When you leave the room, or sit
idle for 15 minutes, your session is deleted.

NOW... I think it's obvious that since web pages can be saved, and
text can be copied and pasted from HTML pages, that nothing you post
on the internet is really safe.  Anybody hanging out in the chatrooms
can, without my ability to prevent, record or capture live chat
sessions.  I knew this issue would come up eventually, and I'm sorry
that this is the way the internet works, but *** I ain't scared ***.  :)

I've watched the chatroom go from 17-18 people a night to a fraction
of that since the post about the chat log issue.  I'm not sure this
is the reason for the drop, but maybe it could be?

I don't want anybody to be afraid to talk open in the
chatrooms.  This is your right.  But do be aware that what you say
about other people and products might be held against you later, the
same as it would from e-mail postings to the list, or private e-mails
that were forwarded to other people without your consent.  Nothing is
really private on the internet, so chat with this in mind, and Be Not
Afraid to open that mouth and speak, no matter where you hang
out.  It's all the same.

I for one have had a blast this past week.  Steve Bjork, Sock, and
Nick, all three are 6809 geniouses and have taught me a lot over the
years.  All three have been role models of mine, and to see us all
hanging out talking and sharing ideas in real-time with other
CoCoNuts chiming in, is something Well worth being a part of.

So I'm asking you to keep coming back and hang out with us all.

www.coco3.com

--
Roger Taylor