[Coco] Pac-Man and Donkey Kong Challenge

L. Curtis Boyle curtisboyle at sasktel.net
Thu Apr 5 12:57:16 EDT 2007

On Thu, 05 Apr 2007 10:28:47 -0600, Jim Hickle <jlhickle at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Boisy,
>
> Don't have enough experience with sound & graphics to produce a Pac-Man,
> but am looking for a project. Hate to reinvent what's already available,
> though.
> Do we already have any decent text editors for NitrOS-9?  I looked on
> RTSI but only found sled.  Don't remember much about sled but there must
> have been some reason I kept using tsedit.  I was thinking of maybe
> porting micro-emacs.  Before a lack of space forced my CoCo into storage
> I was working on a text editor.  It was object-oriented-ish C, inspired
> by an article in the C User's Journal.  Sure was slow.
>
> -jim hickle
> jlhickle at yahoo.com

If Bob Van der Poel would release VED (and VPRINT, etc.) to freeware, that
would be great. That was my (and Bill's, and Alan Dekok's) favourite text
editor.
     And rewriting Window Writer from Owlware to use the high-speed Nitros9
Graphic text screens (to show on screen bold, italics, etc.) would be
great, too.

--
L. Curtis Boyle