[Coco] Fest Weekend

coco at yourdvd.net coco at yourdvd.net
Thu Apr 5 08:51:10 EDT 2007

I am a circa March 30, '68 model. My son is March 28, '89. (two days
later we would have had the same birthday). He just turned 18, and I
was looking to find some CoCo stuff to reminisce with the kid (that's
how I ended up at this list). When he was three I lived in an
apartment, and got visitation every other weekend. We spent the
weekends trying to beat Cosmic Ambush and Crystal City. One day, I was
taking a shower and I heard the 'lil guy at the door - he said ''dad -
I broke your computer'' - turns out he had wiggled the old gray
multi-pak when he bumped the CoCo 3 and fried the 74ls245. I told him
not to worry, I ordered some 74ls245's (HC and HCT and F series also
since I was gonna be experimenting), sockets and a spare 68B09E (just
in case - a wiggled multi-pak can kill that too). As luck would have
it, it was the '245. I found out my CoCo didn't like an 'HC245' but it
could digest the 'F245 and 'LS245 (original part) - so by next
visitation, we were ready to kill some more evil space drones :-). We
sorta cheated because I rewired an IBM auto-fire joystick for the CoCo
- made Crystal City especially easy to blast! So, anyway, even tho' he
is 18, he is spending more time with dad<me> and our 're-acquired' CoCo
stuff. -r