[Coco] Diego Barizo... Thank you all

Brian Blake random_rodder at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 4 20:30:01 EDT 2007

Diego,

I'm glad to hear this. I had a long letter typed up that said a lot and would have accomplished nothing so I decided to send this one instead. Suffice it to say that for a long time I've had a hard assed attitude regarding immigration, specifically of the illegal variety. While I have never met you in person and only chatted sporadically in the coco3.com chat room, your situation has certainly opened my eyes to a few flaws of my ideals. That's all I'll say about that since I do not want to start an idealogical war in this list.

At the risk of sounding corny...

It takes a very special person to do what you did; leave your family, home and country, to try to make a better life yourself and then hold yourself accountable for your actions the way you did in your email. I wish more Americans had your integrity. Then, knowing what you were risking by going to the 'Fest in the first place, something most Americans would consider trivial at best, for your love of the CoCo. I wish more Americans shared your passion for the things they love instead of taking them for granted.

Most of all, I wish you the best and I hope everything works out for you. I feel in my heart that people like you make America a better place, and we need all of that we can get. I have written my representatives and have given them my opinion of your situation and the fact that the immigration issue is far less cut and dry than they think it is (I discuss issues in email with them constantly so I'm quite familiar with their positions on the matter). Unfortunately, that is all I can do at this point as all of my money is tied up right now. I will be in a far better position to help in a few weeks. If you need it then, I'll gladly make a donation to help you out.

Again, I hope things work out for you and hope you can stay in the states if that is your wish.

Take care,

Brian