[Coco] Weird errors(DSK images.. NOT!!)

L. Curtis Boyle curtisboyle at sasktel.net
Sat Sep 16 21:12:21 EDT 2006

On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 13:08:09 -0600, George's Coco Address
<yahoo at dvdplayersonly.com> wrote:

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Boisy Pitre"
>

>> After looking at the xmode.asm source and examining the compatibility
>> issue that has plagued users of tmode, I am considering a different
>> approach than the one I expressed in the email below.  Specifically,  I
>> am considering resurrecting the old tmode/xmode utilities and  renaming
>> the current "new syntax" tmode/xmode to some variant, such  as
>> tmode2/xmode2 and including those as part of an enhanced utilities
>> package that would also include things like bawk and other commands.
>> This utility package would be downloadable as a separate disk image
>> alongside NitrOS-9.
>

>  Since there is currently no way to put a DSK file into my coco and make
> a disk... and it's impossible for me to do so on this XP box, how about
> someone would develop a way to convert a DSK file to a disk on a coco?
> It's quite easy for me to transfer the DSK file from this XP box to my
> coco via the RS232 port. Been transferring stuff since W-95.
>
>  It's odd that someone hasn't built an application to create a DISK from
> a DSK image on a coco, or at least get the files out of it. After all,
> it's all about the coco!!!, by golly.

     If it's OS-9, I have a BASIC09 program on my webpage will do it
(http://www.lcurtisboyle.com/nitros9/nitros9.html, click on the "OS9 DSK
Converter" link. It requires the DMODE command present as well, but I used
to transfer DSK images to real disks quite a bit when I had my TC-9 setup
still running. The program's default setup is for a 35 track single sided
disk, but the webpage explains how to quickly change that to a 40 track
image as well (and feel free to go beyond that...)

--
L. Curtis Boyle