[Coco] Cave Walker on OS9 Level 2

David Roper dave at ebonhost.com
Tue Sep 19 07:01:24 EDT 2006

Hi there,

I've managed to pick myself up the disks for Cave Walker off Ebay

It comes with OS9 level 1 on the disk, and it's started by the usual
"DOS" command

However, the manual says if it's run under OS9 Level 2, it has expanded
colours, save feature etc

I've got myself an older version of NitrOS9 Level 2 on disk, and have
attempted to run it under that, but there's a few problems

a) The manual doesn't state how to execute it under Level 2, and

b) I'm extremely new to OS9 as a whole

I've got a double-drive set up, with /d0 and /d1

/d0 is the NitrOS9 boot disk, and /d1 is Cave Walker

I did a "list /d1/startup" and saw that it executes "CAVE" to start the
game, and I found CAVE is in the /d1/CMDS directory

When I tried "/d1/CMDS/CAVE" the disk spins for a while, but nothing happens

Anyone have experience with getting Cave Walker working under Level 2?
Am I missing something?

I feel like I'm pretty dumb at this, so don't assume I know anything
about what I'm doing :)

Kind regards,
David