[Color Computer] [coco] DSK NOT!!

George's Coco Address yahoo at dvdplayersonly.com
Sat Sep 16 23:42:19 EDT 2006

 How about an OS9 utility to read a DSK file directly so we can see it as a
directory or as a vapordisk drive or whatever?

 The only reason I can see for a DSK file for a coco is if it is bootable.
However, I have no need for downloading a bootable file. I only wish to
download files that I can use, such as executables. If I need to create a
bootable disk on my coco, I want the files ONLY, so I can create my own
bootable disk.

 Perhaps this isn't possible to create a bootable disk from OS9 to be a
Nitros9 bootable, but I don't really care about Nitros9. I haven't been able
to make it work on my hard drive. So, I gave up. Suggestions didn't help.
It seems Nitros9 can't see my HD.

 All I want is some way to extract files from a DSK file onto my HD on my
coco and work with them from there.

 It still seems silly to transfer the DSK file to my HD, make a floppy from
that and then copy it back to the HD.

 Think on that!

George

Yahoo! Groups Links