[Coco] hard drive :-)

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Fri Sep 1 06:06:51 EDT 2006

>Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 08:01:42 -0400
>From: Robert Gault <robert.gault at worldnet.att.net>

>As long as you're going to change things to personalize your system, why
>change all programs that call tmode? Just change tmode back to what it
>was where pau was pause etc.  After all, you now have the source code
>for tmode.

Maybe I'll worry about that after I get "Hello World" to compile.  :-(
Has anybody else noticed that cprep19 doesn't like header files that
don't end with a newline, and that the Krieder clib header files don't
end with newlines?  I don't remember this problem... But I was
probably using an older version.  Humm....

As for hacking tmode itself, maybe I will.  This is mostly just a
problem for setting/clearing echo and maybe pause.  Or perhaps I'll
just make a copy of it called tmod so I can have "tmod eko=1" be the
same number of characters as "tmode echo".  There are reasons to do
either one.

Besides, it's not like I can really recommend using stevie, anyway.
Being a vi clone, it uses the escape key a lot.  Unlike some of the
other OS-9 vi-like editors, only one of the four possible escape-key
combos (esc, shift-esc, ctrl-esc, alt-esc) is caught properly, the
others all cause the program to exit.  NOT a good feature in a text
editor.  Especially when you can't remember which is the one that
actually works...

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA