[Coco] Re: KA9Q?!?!?! WHY DIDN'T SOMEBODY TELL ME ???

Leon Howell puritan_2076 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 31 18:09:33 EST 2006

> Wasn't there a big bruhaha a year or two back saying that the coco
> wasn't up for it, and that's why the coco isn't networkable?

No. About a year or two ago Contiki, a real live full-featured web browser,
was released for the Commodore 64, and a bunch of people started working on
porting it to a bunch of other computers, including the CoCo. Then some stupid
smart aleck got impatient and asked "are we there yet", and the guy who was
working on the CoCo version, moving to a new house, has a day job and a
family, etc., got discouraged and gave up, at least temporarily, and I havn't
heard anything else about it since then.

I will regret that stupid smart aleck remark for the rest of my miserable life.

But obviously if the Commodore 64 can handle a real live web browser we can do
it better.