[Coco] NOS9 mb script

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Mon Oct 30 19:39:53 EST 2006

Chester A Patterson wrote:
> The mb script in NOS9 MODULES/SCRIPTS has a line that confuses me
> Merge ../MODULES/BOOTTRACK/rel_80 ../MODULES/BOOTTRACK/boot_1772_6ms
> ../MODULES/krn >-bttemp
> Note the dash ("-") at the beginning of -bttemp
> OS9Gen %1 -t=bttemp <../BOOTLISTS/standard.bl
> Where'd the dash go? Is it a typo? If not, what's its purpose?
> Reason I ask is I'm manually making different boot disks. I merged
> several different rel boot krn combinations, naming them one thing or
> another, and OS9Gen isn't cooperating completely when I do the
> -t=boottrack option.
> Also, where's the best place to locate the T1.dd and it's corresponding
> driver? Right after SCF on boot gives me either sparklies or just
> freezes.
> Thanks. /Chester

I've removed the - from >-btemp whenever I've used this script. In
short, I think it is a typo.

The location of T1 in os9boot should not be an issue. You normally place
descriptors closely after their driver probably so it increases the
chance they are in the same block of memory. For recent NitrOS-9
distributions, the driver is scbbt not SCF which is the manager.