[Coco] Re: [Color Computer] Problem with .dsk file transfer

Dave G navydave1 at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 16 07:33:35 EDT 2006

You might want to pick up a copy of DriveWire from www.Cloud9tech.com
You can load a DSK image to a virtual drive, then backup the file to
a real floppy on the coco. Using BACKUP 4 TO 0, then drive off to
access drives on coco, then BACKUP 0 TO 4. Basically writes whatever
flies are in the DSK image right to the floppy. You connect both
computers together with a file transfer cable via the bitbanger port
on the back of the Coco. FOund this out from Dragon on the user
forums. He could give some advice also. Also look into Omniflop. I am
still in the process of getting a 3.5 floppy into my disk drive setup
on the coco, but that might be another option.

--- In ColorComputer at yahoogroups.com, "david_g21120"
<david_g21120 at ...> wrote:

> Here is some more info about the problem:
> 1. I don't have access to a working pre winXP mechine.
> 2. I don't have the room to set up a 3rd computer.
>
> Is there a way to read a DSK file with the CoCo directly if I can
get
> the file transferred to it? I'm running the CoCo3 with a Zip100 and
> Seagate Baracuda drive, so I have plenty of disk space on the CoCo3

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: