[Coco] WOHEE-HAA!

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sun Oct 8 10:51:23 EDT 2006

On Sunday 08 October 2006 06:28, Bruce W. Calkins wrote:
>The saga continues;
>
>The first cable modem that I had on hand passed it's self tests, but
> would not do Ethernet.  So we went to Wal-mart and got a gateway router
> and cable modem.  The router turned out to have been used and someone
> had set the security password, so I was unable to administer it's
> settings.  One more trip to Wal-mart.  Then yesterday we came home to
> find both router and cable modem dark and evidence of a power outage.
> All of the UPSs showed no problems.  The quick tests had me looking at
> the power supplies.  Lo and behold, both power supplies were dead.  Yet
> another trip to Wal-mart, and of course another call to customer service
> to register the new MAC address.
>
>I will say that, when it works, it works nice.  Now I'm off to check
>CoCo3-dot-com for the latest on my favorite computer and yahoo to adjust
>some settings.
>
>As to the price of gas?  I remember 29 cent gas.  So when did it drop?
> ;)

Young upstart whippersnapper!  I can remember 8 cent gas.  You had to first
pump it up into the 10 gallon glass measuring tank on top of the pump, and
then drain it into your tank.  All by hand.  And the gas station people
actually made money doing it.  But I think that may have been the first
gas war, it was normally 13 cents.  1939, 1940 maybe.  Before WWII.

And with that, the next message will be from upstate MI.  I'm going back up
for a week or 10 days.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)